Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Piano Lesson 2

The Piano Lesson is turning out to seem pretty fast paced and more fun to read because you can kind of tell what kind of voice to use when saying your part because of the dialogue they use.  One thing about it that is kind of frustrating is that they seem to stay on the same topic for like four or five pages, just talking about watermelons and the piano or some other thing.  One of the things I tabbed was that Boy Willie didn't really care about Avery's dream even though he was the one who asked about it.  The reason I think that he didn't really care was that he immediately changed the subject after she was done telling about the dream.  He seems just really selfish and narcissistic and he also mentioned that he wanted to be a preacher so people would call him "Reverend Boy Willie".



Andrew S said to Olivia C...

Yeah I also noticed that he was really selfish. After Avery's long story about her dream, Boy Willie changes the subject and immediately goes back to talking about selling watermelons or the piano or something (can't remember which).

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was interesting that you noticed that they stayed on the same subject for a couple pages. I hadn't noticed that but you are right, they really do. I agree with the word narcissistic for Boy Willie.

    ReplyDelete